RESEEPE will bring together design and decision making tools, innovative building fabric manufacturers and a strong demonstration programme to demonstrate the improved building performance through retrofitting.
The core idea of the RESSEEPE project is to technically advance, adapt, demonstrate and assess a number of innovative retrofit technologies. Reductions in the area of 50% will be achieved in terms of energy consumption.
A systemic process will be also implemented that will allow the selection of the best possible retrofitting mix, customised to the needs of the particular building.
Several remarkable innovative technologies and materials will be integrated in the retrofitting process:
- Envelope Retrofitting: Ventilated Facades, Aerogel-based Superinsulating mortar, Wooden Insulating Wall Panel and VIP Panel
- Integration of RES: PV Energy, Thermal Collectors
- Energy Storage Systems: Thermal storage and PCMs
- Nanotechnologies and smart materials: EC/PV Windows
- ICT: Strategies at building and district level
- Intelligent Building Controls: HVAC systems
The RESSEEPE technologies will be validated in three different demo-sites:
- Coventry (UK)
- Skellefteå (SE)
- Barcelona (ES)
OF THE PROJECT
|AFTER THE END
OF THE PROJECT
|Renovation of Public building Area||102,000 m2||205,000 m2|
The scientific and technological objectives of RESSEEPE project are the following:
- To set up a diagnosis methodology for an integrated renovation of public edification at building and district level.
- Innovative development and enhancement of SoA retrofit technologies that will be able to achieve energy savings in the area of 50%.
- Development of a systemic view for selection of the most empowering retrofitting mix: Net-zero energy renovation of existing public districts.
- To validate the RESSEEPE technologies in three different demo-sites.
|Full Title||REtrofitting Solutions and Services for the enhancement of Energy Efficiency in Public Edification|
|Contract Type||Collaborative Project|
|Start Date||July 2013|
|End Date||July 2017|
|Total Costs||13,686,932.64 €|